Wednesday, December 12, 2012

2012 in Review: Anton Emdin



Anton Emdin

What have been your personal cartooning/comics highlights of 2012?

Joining the MAD Parody Club has been a major one.  There are only a handful of us, so I was pretty chuffed (and amazed) to be asked.  (I drew an eight page Twilight parody for US MAD.)

I also received the Stanley Award for Illustration (and a nomination for Cartoonist of the Year).  That was pretty cool.

Who are some of the comics creators that you've discovered and enjoyed for the first time in 2012?

I've really been enjoying work from some of the European artists I've met through social networking; Wouter Tulp, Otto Schmidt, Sergey Kolesov, and a heap more.

What is something non-comics that you have enjoyed in 2012?

I've been trying to get a bit more balance in my life this year, as it's been a little too cartooning-centric.  All my spare time has been spent with family; teaching my son to ride a bike (and subsequent rides around the bay) have been my happiest times.

Have you implemented any significant changes to your working methods this year?

I'm constantly tweaking the way I work - every job is a little different.  I guess I've done a little more digital painting over the past few months, which has been fun to experiment with.
What are you looking forward to in 2013?

A new diary.  I promise I'll keep it neat this time (yeah, right).


No comments: