Monday, December 9, 2013

2013 in Review: Anthony Woodward




What have been your personal cartooning/comics highlights of 2013?
I undertook a project to complete a 12 page mini comic. I wrote, scripted and inked the whole thing and will be ready to print up some copies hopefully soon. I have also been getting back into my sketchbook practice a lot this year, playing around with new techniques, tools and materials. I hate most of the results until I look back in a few weeks and look at the drawings a bit objectively and my thoughts aren't so harsh.  

What are some of the comics/cartoonists you've enjoyed in 2013?
I've been getting into Tumblr a bit more this year and discovering a whole bunch of new artists, it drives me crazy sometimes, it's hard not to be overwhelmed with the variety and quality of comics being produced. Ben juers is putting together a psychiatry comics anthology and I've been enjoying seeing some of the sketches and panel previews. 

What is something non-comics that you have enjoyed in 2013?  
I've always been a fan of audiobooks and this year I've been getting into some great fiction adaptions like, 'do androids dream of electric sheep', 'world war z', the 'Harry Potter' series read by Stephen Fry and more recently 'I am Legend'

What are you looking forward to in 2014?
Hoping to keep up my level of drawing I've been able to do this year and then some more. I would like to start some new comic projects but I had probably better finish off the ones I started  this year, especially my 12 page mini comic. 

No comments: