Wednesday, December 11, 2013

2013 in Review: Scarlette Baccini

 

What have been your personal cartooning/comics highlights of 2013?
The highlight for me was undoubtedly visiting TCAF with the Caravan of Comics, and the rest of the North American tour. I met so many incredible artists (including David B!), and it motivated me to work harder and aim higher. I'm slightly less crap at public speaking now too, I think.

I had heaps of fun and also learned a whole lot organising The Naked Launch in April - I launched my first self-published efforts, Jesus Reloadeth'd and Zombolette's Floppy #1.


What are some of the comics/cartoonists you've enjoyed in 2013?
Tim Molloy fried my brain in the best possible way with Mr Unpronounceable Adventures. I'm a big fan. I also really enjoyed Roman Dirge's latest issues of Lenore.

What is something non-comics that you have enjoyed in 2013?
I play in a band, and we're just wrapping up an album that we've worked on all year - so much hard work, but very rewarding. Launching our first single in October was great fun.



What are you looking forward to in 2014?
Getting back to my Zombolette comics - I haven't drawn her since March and I miss her! I'm also working on a couple of kids books, which is a whole new area for me, and I'm really excited to see how it goes.

No comments: