Sunday, December 9, 2012

2012 in Review: Rebecca Clements

 Rebecca Clements

What have been your personal cartooning/comics highlights of 2012?

It must be just coming back to comics. I hadn't worked on any for so long and then with all my fresh motivation, I came back to Melbourne, got an exciting, rad studio in the middle of the city and suddenly had the freedom to work on comics and illustration again. Just that has been the best.


Who are some of the comics creators that you've discovered and enjoyed for the first time in 2012?


I don't think I've discovered any cartoonists. Sounds terrible but I just had no time for it this year, and enjoyed and needed mentally the distance from comics for awhile. Since I've been back, I've been just working on my own stuff constantly so no time for reading comics! Perhaps next year.

What is something non-comics that you have enjoyed in 2012?


Game of Thrones season 2. Over and over.

Have you implemented any significant changes to your working methods this year?

 
Working at all. But yes, compared to how I used to work last year, I have cut out a lot of crap. I got rid of a lot of excuses I used to find to not work, got rid of the crappy bits of my ego, and I work on projects I really like, that are manageable, and I keep working, and work some more, etc. Part of it is being FAR less social. But it's marvelous for productivity.

What are you looking forward to in 2013?

 
Hopefully working a lot more! Producing a couple of books would be nice. And improving and pushing myself more and more. And maybe going in some new career directions.



No comments: