Tuesday, December 10, 2013

2013 in Review: Gavin Aung Than



What have been your personal cartooning/comics highlights of 2013?
Zen Pencils has continued to build a fantastic, international community of readers which makes me extremely happy. Hearing from teachers, students, office workers, parents and retirees and how they all enjoy my comics is really the highlight for me - I never thought my work would have such an impact. Zen Pencils has been featured by big mainstream websites such as Buzzfeed, The Huffington Post, Gawker, The AV Club and Slate - which is kind of cool, since I'm just a dude working out of my spare bedroom in suburban Melbourne.
 
What are some of the comics/cartoonists you've enjoyed in 2013?
Thanks to my iPad, I've started reading comics regularly again - I've enjoyed Hawkeye, Daredevil, Fury: Max and Prophet.
 
What is something non-comics that you have enjoyed in 2013?
Well, I'm a TV junkie, so ... Breaking Bad, House of Cards, The Newsroom and Game of Thrones.   
 
What are you looking forward to in 2014?
Continuing on improving my work at Zen Pencils and reaching a bigger audience. I've got a big project that will hopefully happen in 2014 that I can't talk about right now. I also hope to do a bit more travelling, with the US on the agenda and possibly San Diego Comic Con!
 

No comments: