Tuesday, December 10, 2013

2013 in Review: Sam Orchard


What have been your personal cartooning/comics highlights of 2013?
Getting to be on panel discussions with some of my comic heroes like Dylan Horrocks, Sarah Laing, Ant Sang and Adrian Kinnaird. Plus I got to meet the great Robyn Kenealy this year!
 What are some of the comics/cartoonists you've enjoyed in 2013?
I became obsessed with Strip Search's first series - a reality comic artist show? Addictive.
Erika Moen's new 'Oh Joy Sex Toy' is amazing. Getting to pledge and get a copy of Jem Yoshioka's Sunshine Comic was excellent also.And I haven't managed to get my hands on Adrian's "From Earth's End" yet, but I am hoping I will get copy for xmas (*wink wink* xmas present gift givers) and so I am sure I will enjoy that as 2013 draws to a close.

What is something non-comics that you have enjoyed in 2013?  
There are non-comics things? I got an awesome job this year following Philip Patston around, that is something I really enjoy.

What are you looking forward to in 2014?
Busting out some more comics, and finally kickstarting my queer comics books 'Family Portraits.

No comments: