Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sunday Gem: Unblemished Record: The Flawless Reign of Bernard Roundhill

 
 “Auckland In The Year 2000″, artwork for Winstone’s promotional book centrefold, 1956, is Roundhill’s most famous illustration. Image courtesy of Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, Reg: CA000659/001/0001 (Yoinked from Long White Kid)
 
Pull up a hot coffee and get comfortable with a colossal image filled post from Darian Zam on the work of one of New Zealand's most successful commercial artists Bernie Roundhill.

2 comments:

DARIAN ZAM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DARIAN ZAM said...

Thanks for the props. I really don't check in on this blog nearly as much as I should, so I miss this stuff.
I've come to the conclusion that there were some very strange things going on in Bernie's head - as exemplified by the creepy looks in the eyes of a lot of his renderings of people. I can't quite put it into words but it kind of gives me the shivers.